RSR Human Service Zone
Social Service Director Administrative Support
Lynn Flieth, LSW, LBSW
Stephanie Rufsvold, EWT
Adult Homemaker Services Children & Family Services
Elizabeth Harding, LBSW (Case Manager)
Jan Hickman, LBSW (Homemaker Supervisor)
Kari Gilje, LBSW
Medicaid/Child Care & Food Assistance
Andy Birchem, EWI
Cheri Deplazes, EWI
RSR Human Service Zone is committed to providing quality, efficient, and effective programs, which improve the lives of the residents of Ransom, Sargent, & Richland Counties. (Formerly County Social Services). Local offices in Lisbon, Forman, & Wahpeton administer the following program areas:
Contact our Customer Support Center at 1-866-614-6005 to help you:
- apply for Medicaid, SNAP, CCAP, LIHEAP & TANF
- report changes to your case
- answer questions about your case or programs
This is also where you will send documents related to your case either by email or mail.
Address: Customer Support Center, PO Box 5562, Bismarck, ND 58506
- Fuel Assistance – Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
- TANF – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Medical Assistance
- Food Assistance (SNAP)
- Child Care Assistance
To apply for services, either online or by printing the form, use the appropriate link on the right.
Child Welfare Services:
- Child Protection Assessments
- In Home Case Management
- Foster Care Case Management
- Child Protection Intake
To report child abuse or neglect, call 1-833-958-3500 Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 OR after hours, contact local law enforcement.
Foster Care Licensing:
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a licensed foster home, please reach out to one of the following for more information.
- Children & Family Services Training Center (CFSTC)
- Phone: 1-833-FST-HOME (1-833-378-4663)
- Online Link found on right
Qualified Service Provider:
Home & Community based services for the elderly & disabled
- Respite Care
- Personal Care
Other North Dakota Services Available to Residents:
- Childcare Licensing is required for anyone providing care to more than 5 children or more than 3 infants under 2 years of age. Licensed providers can participate in the Child Care Assistance Program, if they care for children who qualify, and the USDA Food Program. For more information or if interested in becoming a licensed provider, please visit https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/childcare/. Parents seeking licensed childcare can access information regarding local providers by accessing the Find Child Care link on the right.
- The Aging & Disability Resource LINK provides current information on opportunities and services available statewide and nationwide, and connects individuals to services to help them maintain or improve quality of life. Contact ND ADRL at 1-855-462-5465 or visit www.carechoice.nd.assistguide.net.
- Exploited & Vulnerable Adult Reporting: To file a Vulnerable Adult Report online, Complete Report Form. You may also call 1-855-462-5465 (Option 2).
This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs. The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
204 5th Avenue West
P.O. Box 628
Lisbon, ND 58054
Main: (701) 683-6133
Fax: (701) 683-4491
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.