RSR Human Service Zone
Social Service Director Administrative Support
Lynn Flieth, LSW, LBSW
Stephanie Rufsvold, EWT
Adult Homemaker Services Children & Family Services
Elizabeth Harding, LBSW (Case Manager)
Jan Hickman, LBSW (Homemaker Supervisor)
Kari Gilje, LBSW
Medicaid/Child Care & Food Assistance
Andy Birchem, EWI
Cheri Deplazes, EWI
RSR Human Service Zone is committed to providing quality, efficient, and effective programs, which improve the lives of the residents of Ransom, Sargent, & Richland Counties. (Formerly County Social Services). Local offices in Lisbon, Forman, & Wahpeton administer the following program areas:
- Fuel Assistance – Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
- TANF – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- Medical Assistance
- Food Assistance (SNAP)
- Child Care Assistance
To apply for services, either online or by printing the form, use the appropriate link on the right.
Child Welfare Services:
- Child Protection Assessments
- In Home Case Management
- Foster Care Case Management
- Child Protection Intake
To report child abuse or neglect, call 1-833-958-3500 Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 OR after hours, contact local law enforcement.
Foster Care Licensing:
If you are interested in learning more about becoming a licensed foster home, please reach out to one of the following for more information.
- Children & Family Services Training Center (CFSTC)
- Phone: 1-833-FST-HOME (1-833-378-4663)
- Online Link found on right
Qualified Service Provider:
Home & Community based services for the elderly & disabled
- Respite Care
- Personal Care
Other North Dakota Services Available to Residents:
- Childcare Licensing is required for anyone providing care to more than 5 children or more than 3 infants under 2 years of age. Licensed providers can participate in the Child Care Assistance Program, if they care for children who qualify, and the USDA Food Program. For more information or if interested in becoming a licensed provider, please visit https://www.nd.gov/dhs/services/childcare/. Parents seeking licensed childcare can access information regarding local providers by accessing the Find Child Care link on the right.
- The Aging & Disability Resource LINK provides current information on opportunities and services available statewide and nationwide, and connects individuals to services to help them maintain or improve quality of life. Contact ND ADRL at 1-855-462-5465 or visit www.carechoice.nd.assistguide.net.
- Exploited & Vulnerable Adult Reporting: To file a Vulnerable Adult Report online, Complete Report Form. You may also call 1-855-462-5465 (Option 2).
NON DISCRIMINATION POLICY
RSR Human Service Zone makes available all services and assistance without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, political beliefs or affiliations, disability or status with respect to marriage or public assistance in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the North Dakota Human Rights Act of 1983. If you believe you have been discriminated against, you may file a written complaint with the RSR Human Service Zone Office; the North Dakota Department of Human Services Office for Civil Rights, 600 E Boulevard Ave., Dept. 325, Bismarck, ND 58505; or the Office of Civil Rights, Department of Health and Human Services, Federal Office Building, 1961 Stout St., Denver, CO 80294.
204 5th Avenue West
P.O. Box 628
Lisbon, ND 58054
Main: (701) 683-6133
Fax: (701) 683-4491
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.