Skip to content

RSR Human Service Zone

     Social Service Director             Administrative Support

Lynn Flieth, LSW, LBSW


Stephanie Rufsvold, EWT


                             Adult Homemaker Services                                 Children & Family Services

Elizabeth Harding, LBSW (Case Manager)


Jan Hickman, LBSW (Homemaker Supervisor)


Kari Gilje, LBSW


                Medicaid/Child Care & Food Assistance

Andy Birchem, EWI


Cheri Deplazes, EWI


RSR Human Service Zone is committed to providing quality, efficient, and effective programs, which improve the lives of the residents of Ransom, Sargent, & Richland Counties. (Formerly County Social Services).  Local offices in Lisbon, Forman, & Wahpeton administer the following program areas:

Economic Assistance:  

Contact our Customer Support Center at 1-866-614-6005 to help you:

  • apply for Medicaid, SNAP, CCAP, LIHEAP & TANF
  • report changes to your case
  • answer questions about your case or programs

This is also where you will send documents related to your case either by email or mail.


Address: Customer Support Center, PO Box 5562, Bismarck, ND 58506

  • Fuel Assistance – Low Income Energy Assistance (LIHEAP)
  • TANF – Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
  • Medical Assistance
  • Food Assistance (SNAP)
  • Child Care Assistance 

To apply for services, either online or by printing the form, use the appropriate link on the right.

Child Welfare Services:
  • Child Protection Assessments
  • In Home Case Management
  • Foster Care Case Management
  • Child Protection Intake

To report child abuse or neglect, call 1-833-958-3500 Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:30 OR after hours, contact local law enforcement.

Foster Care Licensing:

If you are interested in learning more about becoming a licensed foster home, please reach out to one of the following for more information.

  • Children & Family Services Training Center (CFSTC)
  • Phone:  1-833-FST-HOME (1-833-378-4663)
  • Online Link found on right
Qualified Service Provider:

Home & Community based services for the elderly & disabled

  • Homemaker
  • Respite Care
  • Personal Care
  • Companionship
Other North Dakota Services Available to Residents:
  • Childcare Licensing is required for anyone providing care to more than 5 children or more than 3 infants under 2 years of age. Licensed providers can participate in the Child Care Assistance Program, if they care for children who qualify, and the USDA Food Program.  For more information or if interested in becoming a licensed provider, please visit Parents seeking licensed childcare can access information regarding local providers by accessing the Find Child Care link on the right.
  • The Aging & Disability Resource LINK provides current information on opportunities and services available statewide and nationwide, and connects individuals to services to help them maintain or improve quality of life. Contact ND ADRL at 1-855-462-5465 or visit  
  • Exploited & Vulnerable Adult Reporting: To file a Vulnerable Adult Report online, Complete Report Form.  You may also call 1-855-462-5465 (Option 2).
Non-Discrimination Statement:

This institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex and in some cases religion or political beliefs. The U.S. Department of Agriculture also prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish or call the State Information/Hotline Numbers (click the link for a listing of hotline numbers by State); found online at:
To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write: HHS Director, Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F, 200 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20201 or call (202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


204 5th Avenue West
P.O. Box 628
Lisbon, ND 58054

Main: (701) 683-6133
Fax: (701) 683-4491

Office Hours

8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Holidays and Closings information

  Useful Information & Forms

**** Effective Immediately ****
If  using email, please send all applications, forms, & verifications to